Friday, October 31, 2008

Enchiladas

1 can tomato soup
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 can enchilada sauce
1 1/2 lb. hamburger
1 medium onion
12 flour tortillas
1/2 lb. grated cheese

Combine soup, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce in a medium flat bowl. Brown hamburger and onion. Dip a tortilla shell in sauce, covering both sides. Spoon in meat, cheese and 1 T. sauce. Roll and place flap side down in greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Audrey's little note: You can also use leftover, shredded roast beef with corn tortillas...really yummy.

Audrey's little note #2: try this enchilada sauce...really, really yummy.

from: Thomas 2nd Ward cookbook

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I've had terrible home-sickness for Mexican food all day long. So this evening I attempted tacos (with a precious package of seasoning I brought from the States). But it was no use: the ground beef never browned--it just stayed pink and styrofoam-like; I had no tortillas, and our pita bread was a poor substitute; I had no salsa--just taco sauce that's getting too old; and even the side of Spanish rice I made was significantly less than spectacular. I drowned my gustatory sorrows in (cheap) Halloween chocolate after dinner. I'm getting trunky.

Audrey said...

Ack! I'm so sorry! Come home soon and we'll fill you up. :)

How does ground beef not brown?