Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Homemade Mac & Cheese

16 oz elbow macaroni
3/4 lb sharp cheddar (needs to be sharp or else it curdles)
2 Tbs butter
2-3 Tbs milk
salt and pepper to taste

While the noodles are boiling, cut the cheese into thick slices/chunks. Drain the noodles when done cooking then return to pan. Over low heat, add butter, milk and cheese (these are all kind of estimates, add more or less to taste and consistency) and stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, stir.

Audrey's little note: I think I'm getting pickier with age...for the past few years, I just can't bring myself to like boxed mac & cheese. BUT! I love homemade, and this recipe is genius. Just as fast and easy as the box but a gazillion times better! Oh, and I've use medium cheddar instead of the sharp, and it works fine.

from: Dinner's Ready blog

1 comment:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Audrey, I tried this last night but didn't have medium or sharp chedder. I had some velveeta cheese and used a little grated cheese. I also cut up some leftover ham. IT WAS REALLY GOOD!! Thank you for sharing these recipes!